Osteopathic articular techniques gently realign joint surfaces to reduce muscle spasm, increase mobility and improve function. Together with soft tissue release, a small muscle contraction is used to realign joint surfaces to eliminate discomfort and realign structure. Other manual techniques such as visceral manipulation, craniosacral therapy and soft tissue and fascial work can be combined to give you the best treatment for your specific condition.In this combination treatment swedish massage is combined, with stretching, deep tissue, and trigger point therapy to aid in pain relief and injury recovery. Various techniques of long strokes, friction, tapping, percussion, vibration and kneading movements are used to release muscle tensions, remove the pain and improve blood circulation.
Manual Osteopathy treatments are typically performed fully clothed. It is best if you wear (or bring with you) comfortable clothing you can move around in such as shorts or sweats and a t-shirt.
Conditions treated can include:
- back pain, neck pain, sciatica
- foot, ankle, hip, knee pain
- hand, shoulder, elbow pain
- tennis and golfer's elbow
- digestive issues
- sleep disturbances
- frozen shoulder
- trauma recovery (motor vehicle accident, injury)
- jaw pain and temporomandibular disfunction
- postural problems due to pregnancy, sports injury, driving or work strain